Thursday 21 November 2013

Weekend Haul for Starters

Last weekend, I decided to go shopping! It's a little odd (I know), because I don't usually go shopping. But I had to. I needed shoes! Haha. Now you know what's coming up.

My 1-day weekend shopping took me down to town, walking from Plaza Singapura at Dhoby Ghaut to Takashimaya at Orchard & back to Plaza Sing (in the middle of pouring rain). I actually intended to head to Taka first as they open at 10:30am and I reached City Hall at about 10:15am. But somehow or another, I found myself tapping out of the MRT gantry at Plaza Sing minutes before I realized I was supposed to get off at Orchard MRT. (´−`) ン

Wandering around the quiet mall cause the stores have yet to open for business, I thought I'd look for SPUR. Erika knew I was having a hard time looking for shoes. So she told me about pretty and really comfy shoes at a new store in Plaza Sing, called SPUR. Before I could start looking for the store, I walked right into it! Because at 10:30am, there was hardly any shoe store that was open. But SPUR opens its doors (or shutters in this case) at 10:30am! Whoopee!

SPUR

Just a little warning, their shoes may be comfy and gorgeous but so are the prices! I went on this shoe hunting trip with no budget in mind (yes, it is really difficult for me to find shoes that are comfy + well designed). Which is why the prices didn't put me off that much. But I still didn't buy the shoes right away. I took a walk down Orchard to swing by Taka and Robinsons Orchard (the new Hereen) just to make sure all other options were exhausted (forgot about Metro at Paragon).
Yeps. Even after hitting the big department stores, there wasn't a single shoe that fit my criteria of being comfortable and looking good at the same time (maybe I'm just really picky with my shoes). That is why I went back and bought this $145 heel.
Till now, I don't even know what came over me. (´`;) ?

Romantic Classic Collection Spur Shoe

Spur Shoes Romantic Classic Collection
"Romantic Classic" is the Collection / Series the shoe is categorized in

Here's the best part, I found the price sticker stuck under the shoe with the korean price tag of ₩54,000. щ(ºДºщ)
That aside, I'd like to thank the 3 lovely staff at SPUR who did their very best in helping me in my quest for awesome shoes. Their website isn't up yet, but do visit their store at Plaza Singapura if you're looking for great service while shopping for even greater shoes. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

SPUR Shoes contact card

Moving on yet staying on the topic of shoes, for a little under $50, I bought these reasonably comfortable shoes from SHINE at Century Square. The first is a pair of wedges with black and gold trimmed bows that's easy to match for work. And a second pair of flats with some kind of fur textured leopard print bows (yes, bows again *sigh*).


Please don't judge me by the bows I have on my shoes. I can't seem to deviate from such shoes. *extra large sigh* (´_`)

That's all with shoes. Now it's time to head to Tampines for the makeup. I am not one for putting on makeup because (let's face it), I'm not that hardworking when it comes to my own looks.

Yes, I believe that looking good takes effort. Regardless of the amount of makeup that some people tend to pile on their canvas aka face. Knowing what products to buy and how to apply and such, takes effort, skill, and practice (if not a lot, at least some). If makeup isn't needed, then effort would be in maintaining the looks you were born with as your body ages. After saying all that, please remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. & know that with the right amount of confidence, most people will look good one way or the other.

Back to the makeup I bought during the mega BHG sale where all regular priced item at 30% off and sale items at an extra 15% off. Sophia helped me to pick these makeup products. I didn't know my left from right and my left arm had turned into a canvas for various tester products.

Revlon PhotoReady cream blush in uhh.. coral reef?

Ah.. This Rachel K Mineral Color Control BB Pressed Powder was an impulse purchase. I didn't know exactly what it was and how to use it, other than the fact that it leaves my skin feeling really smooth and silky. It's more of a feel than anything else. This product just feel really good to the touch & on the skin. *laughs*

I promptly sold it after snapping a photo of it. heh~


*drumroll* Welcome, my first lipstick! I had no say in getting this. It was on a special promotion of buy 2 at $26, or get it at $20.90 x 70% = $14.63 for 1.


Because I don't remember how old my previous batch of makeup was, I have decided to be diligent in labeling my cosmetics. I think my previous batch was at least 6 years old (don't freak, I already threw them out).. Waste of money really. Bought them while I was still schooling but I never got around to really using them. Ahh.. well~ I will try now.

My last purchase of the night was this large accessory because I reckon it's good to have at least one such piece for those high collar or tube dresses. v(^ ^ )

this necklace set me back by $13.90, from a random pushcart at CS

The first purchase was actually a black LOVE ring ($5) from Forever21 at 313@Somerset. Again, I don't know why I bought it. *sheepish laugh*

Oh oh.. I almost forgot. I received this 'freebie' after all the shopping.
& that's a highly possible food allergy. My body happily decided on its own, that it does not like prawns / shrimps. At first, I thought the itch all over my face was due to all the testers on my arm. But after 4 days of crazy itch and having dry and rough / flaky patches all over my face & spreading, my friends convinced me to go see the doctor. Now, I've got a rash cream and some tablets to clear. & also the reason behind a midday post on a weekday. *grins*

& that concludes my first haul post. On a side note, can this even be considered a haul? (._. )



shop till you drop isn't something I want to experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment