Tuesday 1 May 2012

Long Weekend; Vesak day's off-in-lieu.

Got home from the Alps Cafe at about 3am this morning, with a 12:45pm movie next.

@ Plaza Sing's Comics Connection

Feels like I wasted my Monday off-in-lieu though. I barely did anything I wanted to do! Except for heading down to Plaza Singapura to collect the mini MacBook Air mirror, picking up heat packs from DAISO, and spammed $10 worth on Jubeat Copious (It's no longer Jubeat Knit.. *sobs*).

DAISO heat packs
DAISO heat packs; 2 different types.

The first heat packs, pocket warmers as the Japanese call it, are the ones in a yellow/red/orange packaging. They were warm enough to last me all through the day and halfway through the night! A little more than 12 hours I believe. But I only kept that one pack for so long as it's not advised to sleep with these. They may cause low temperature burns you see. There's a difference between the two I have; yellow pocket warmers have adhesive on one side, pink ones are without. These mini pocket warmers come in various numbers. Meaning.. it's not $2 a piece. It can be $2 for a pack of 8 to 5. The difference in amount was because of the difference in duration they will stay warm. Why would I need them to stay warm for super long? The stated 8 hours is more than enough, so I obviously bought the one with the most number of pocket warmers instead. ヽ(´ー`)ノ
More details;
Duration - 8 hours (More than 40°C)
Maximum Temperature - 70°C
Average Temperature - 58°C
Raw material - Iron powder, Water, Wood meal, Activated carbon, Vermiculite/Absorbent polymer, Salt
Enough on pocket warmers / hand warmer mini / heat packs. I went to pick up the MacBook Air mirror I bought on bigdeal.sg. Self-collection @ Freya in Wonderland, the same place I got Jer's DIY lomo. (^-^) The mirror's for Doca though.. Jer's sister-in-law. Tough choice between white & sliver. (>.< )

Kelly & Adrian got a bucket to share. 6 bottles between them. I don't drink beer like Carlsberg, so I planned to have just one glass of Johnnie Walker: Black Label with coke. But Kelly managed to get me have another. Including the midnight cab which I shared with Adrian, I spent $40 on that drinking session. A little heart pain.. (´_`。)

As for today, I finally caught "Battleship". Jer wanted to use the free Cathay passes I gave him last year, which expires at the end of May 2012. So, we had to wait. and wait some more. till battleship was available for free passes. It's not that bad a movie.. action-packed.. great effects and sounds. Was visually of standard. Nothing special though, cause it really was just an odd game of battleship. My favorite line "chicken burrito". hehe~!



Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment