Saturday 30 November 2013

Brotzeit, German Beir Bar & Restaurant

Somewhat like Cinderella, I got home at midnight. I had a dinner event at Brotzeit's 313@Somerset outlet (Discovery Walk).

Although I knew it was a German bar & restaurant, I did not expect my guys to launch into a beer drinking fest. It's not like they drank till they threw up all over the place. No, it was how they told me "no la, 我们不喝酒的 (wǒ men bù hē jiǔ de)" which translates to "no la, we don't drink one".. So can you imagine the horror upon my arrival, when I saw everyone equipped with at least one beer? (・□・;)

There isn't many photos because I didn't want to tell the guys "wait! Take photo of the food first!" while the huge platters of delicious meat / fish sit seductively in front of them. Seductive, if a big fat juicy yet crispy pork knuckle among other meats is appealing to you. I did, however, get a shot of my Schokokuchen / Chocolate Cake. With the half eaten Emperor's Cake (Kaiserschmarren) in the background. Yeah, I've only got photos of my dessert and some drinks.

Chocolate Cake
Schokokuchen / Chocolate cake (Vegetarian)
Warm chocolate cake served with Stracciatella ice cream

There was a few orders of this long wooden "dragon" like serving.. uh.. thing, with about 5 or 6 glass shots on it. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of that. But they have a mini bottled version of the alcohol that was served that way. & yes, I have a photo of said bottle. *grins*

Jägermeister (35%)
German herbs and spices liqueur

Isn't it adorable? Well, it doesn't taste as nice as it looks. According to the guys, it's good for coughs. Why? Because it tastes like cough syrup! So the guys at my table decided to tell the others "finish all the food or you'll have to down a fresh order of drinks (including the cough syrup)". & I guess that worked wonders cause the food was pretty much polished off!


Haha. Apart from the dessert, I'm sorry I only managed to snap a photo of the messy remains of our main courses. After which, it was all drinks and more drinks. Namely, the teeny bottles of "cough syrup".

more jägermeister!

These little bottles cost $7.50 each on its own. But if you buy a set of 6, they're $5 each! I was made to drink a few bottles, but I managed to get away with downing just 1. heh~
& after that, it was a nice pot of french earl grey tea. *smiles*

French Earl Grey

We didn't leave without trying their rose wine of course. It was $85 for a bottle & goodness me, did I regret wanting to have a taste. The previous rose wine I had was really nice, fruity & just a little sweet. This however, was like freshly squeezed plum juice! Sour to the max! Bleagh!

Blaufränkisch Rose Brut,Weingut Gesellmann
Austria, Deutschkreutz. Fantastic spices with fi ne berries. Fine bubbles, good density and creamy fi nish

I tell you, it is nothing like what the description says. I rather you get the chocolate cake or even the emperor's cake, than waste your money on this liquid. o(>-<)o

On a final note, there was over 40 shots of jägermeister involved. Scary huh?



just glad the guys enjoyed themselves~

No comments:

Post a Comment