Saturday 14 December 2013

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas..

It's like a Winter (not) Wonderland at my work place. I've got my beanie, DIY (purple ombré) infinity scarf, 2 jackets, and small Winnie the Pooh fleece blanket. Yet I still feel the cold. It would appear that my cubicle is comparable to the fridge because my colleague (who I shared a banana with) asked me "why you put your banana in the fridge?" & all I did was leave the nana in a corner of my desk, behind me. щ(゜ロ゜щ)

Even with all that gear to combat the cold (the guys closed the aircon vent closest to me & still it was cold) it wasn't enough. I was turning into a snow-wo-man for Chirstmas. I asked Jer to bring a small heater back from Australia. But before it came to Singapore, I was forced to turn to my stash of DAISO heat packs.

This was when I realized the power of double sided tape. The pink heat pack does not come with adhesive, but I wanted it keep the heat pack close without the hassle of holding it. So I had this great idea of using double sided tape on the heat pack to create an adhesive side. heh~ & I promptly stuck the heat pack on the inside of my jacket. *grins*

pink pocket warmer
click on the picture to go to the previous post about this pink  heat pack

The next day, it was just as cold. This time, I didn't use the adhesive. In fact, I had a better idea. I chucked a different kind of heat pack into my infinity scarf, rolled it up a little & tucked it under my jacket. Oh boy was it nice & warm! ( ´ ▽ ` )



One thing I noticed between the pink heat pack & the fabric heat pack is that the latter didn't last as long as the first. Then again, after going through (using) so many DAISO heat packs, I have reached the conclusion that the environment / weather / exposure affects the lifetime of the heat pack. Yet, I'm not entirely sure if the heat packs have the same contents. Oh wells~ so long the heat packs keep me warm, I'm good. haha.

Finally, my little heater arrives as a more permanent solution to keep the White Christmas, a dream (for now).

electric heater from Australia
desperate times call for desperate measures

For only 10 AUD, this electric (fan) heater does its job really well. Albeit it's a little noisy with a steady hum like a fan, but that's because it is a fan. It's a heated fan! haha. My mini fireplace without an actual fire. *grins*



& now, I'm all cozy & warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment