Sunday 16 March 2014

So, I heard it rained..


After close to 2 month of not getting any rain, relief finally came in the form of a huge pouring rain that raged on and on. Awesome cool weather with an added bonus of having the kitchen all to myself, made for a perfect Sunday. ٩(^ᴗ^)۶

Homemade tea leaf egg(s) for breakfast. Just look at that pretty marble design! *grins* I didn't have all the spices, so I randomly threw in what I had on hand. lots of light soy sauce, some dark soy sauce, a dash of cinnamon powder, lots of chinese five spice powder, a generous sprinkling of goji berries / wolfberries, and a sachet of chinese tea / tie guan yin (铁观音). Oh, & not forgetting, the hard boiled eggs!


The sauce had a really bitter aftertaste to it. I think it might be because I added too much chinese five spice powder.. Hmm..

Next meal for the day.. What better to have for lunch on a cold rainy day, with Emergency Couple on my screen, then a pipping hot vegetable pot pie! Woohoo! Pumpkin, carrots, sweet potato, with a bit of onions and a puff pastry cover. Doesn't look very pretty for my first attempt, but it was tasty! hehe~


A friend saw my post on FB and thought I was having a hamburger. Well, I can't deny that the puff pasty does look a little like the top half of a burger bun. *laughs* On another note, I don't think I'll be using sweet potatoes in place of potatoes for my next vegetable pot pie. (^-^ ;)



Recharged & Ready for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment