Sunday 6 April 2014

Copacabana (At Lola's Cafe)

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With crispy wings, truffle fries and a full monty's breakfast
She would merengue and make an earl grey tart
And while she tried to be a dear
Tony always did the cooking
Across the crowded floor, they worked from 11am till 11:30pm (sometimes 12am)
The food was good and there was desserts
Who could ask for more?

Espresso - $3

It was a wonderful al fresco lunch at Lola's Cafe last Saturday. The food was awesome and the staff was super friendly and helpful. Reservations are not available on weekends so a Q is to be expected, especially if you get there past noon.
& if you don't already know, here's a tip for first timers - there's no need to physically stand in line because at Lola's Cafe, they're pretty hi-tech! I didn't get a photo of it but they have a tablet for you to leave your particulars (your name & contact number) in the cafe. Thereafter, you're free to wander off - not too far though, cause you need to get back in time when they drop you a text / call about your table. (-^o^-)

Onward to the glorious food, Lola's Full Monty Breakfast! They have their much raved about Avocado Eggs Benedict at the same price, but that would be for another week, when I forget to make my avocado egg sandwich.

Lola's Full Monty Breakfast - 

A thick half slice of soft and fluffy bread with crisp vegetables, scrambled eggs, and juicy meats. Just look at that presentation. Mouth watering, really. I'm not sure if they always put the dressing on the side, but I requested it upon ordering. I've always been wary of dressings served at cafes and restaurants. Cause sometimes, it just takes a simple dressing to ruin the rest of the meal. I'm not a fan of most salad dressings, so don't take my words to heart. (。´∀`)οΎ‰



Sides to accompany the wonderful main.. To be honest, I think the Honey Parika Crispy Wings out shone everything else on the table. It was perfectly crisp yet oh so tender with a mildly sweet taste. I would definitely go back, even if it's just for the wings. *squeal* That shiny glaze you see is the honey that makes the first bite extra sweet. If you're one for a little bit of sweetness, this would be perfect for you! *grins*

Honey Paprika Crispy Wings - $10

The Truffle Fries with a dash of herbs was decent. It was nothing spectacular for the price I had to pay. I would rather get another serving of crispy wings really. haha! Me and my chicken wings, oh dear me.. (^-^;)

Truffle Fries - $12

Dessert was a Banana Earl Grey Tart. Bananas and earl grey go together surprisingly well as the caramelized bananas complemented the earl grey pastry cream, topped off with a generous amount of pistachios. The tart shell was akin to a extra crisp sugar cookie which made it hard to eat with the dessert fork. I probably need to do some homework on how to eat a tart with a dessert fork. haha..

Banana Earl Grey Tart - $5

I really liked the texture and taste of the earl grey pastry cream too. Makes me want to make an earl grey tart on my own. I just need guinea p- *cough* never mind, moving on..



Brunch for two at Lola's Cafe cost us $45 nett. That's because they do not charge for service or GST. It's most likely that those charges are already factored into the prices shown on the menu. That would mean diners won't get a shock when total bill arrives, because we all know the amount of service charge (10%) and GST (7%) that's involved. ( ̄~ ̄)

Take note that they stop serving their breakfast items after 3pm and their dinner items are only available from 6pm onwards. It's not that they'll be closed between 3pm - 6pm, they'll just be serving everything else but the mains. It'll be a good time to head down if you're going just for their honey paprika crispy wings. *grins*
I can't wait for my next visit to Lola's Cafe. Their chicken wings have really got me hooked. It's only been a week and I'm already itching for them!



At Lola's Cafe.. they found great food

No comments:

Post a Comment