Sunday 24 August 2014

The Sunday Market at The Factory

It was a glorious Sunday with extremely timely yet random passing showers. The sun shining in all it's friggin' hot glory, and the passing clouds choosing to play tickle-you-rain-on-me games whenever I'm about to head somewhere else. Nothing could faze me on this wonderful day. I was finally going to have myself a hearty meal at The Factory!

The Factory had popped up a lot on my Facebook newsfeed, and it was high time I tried their artisan fries and ice cream. However, there was no high time. It was a low time with me wandering around Lim Tua Tow Road looking for "The Factory" signboard to no avail. Checking up the address once more, the "22" in "22 Lim Tua Tow Road" was a clue. A clue that led me where I did not expect to wind up; The Sunday Market.




The Sunday Market had a rather small selection for mains and nothing that piqued my interest. I went looking for The Factory for their artisan fries, and ice cream. If dessert's what I came for, I might as well try their waffles while my friend sipped on a decent cuppa cappuccino (or cappucino as they spelled it).

Cappuccino - $5++

If you like crisp waffles, I believe The Sunday Market will meet your expectations (provided you pair it with a sensible ice cream flavor and sauce). Me? I ordered waffles and ice cream. But I had ice cream, and waffles with chocolate sauce. Because kyoho grape does not go with waffles and chocolate sauce. Especially when it tasted a little like grape flavored shaved ice of sorts. But what can I say.. the last time I had grape flavored ice cream / sorbet was at Pasarbella's Seventh Heaven. I had to give it a go.

Ice cream (kyoho grape) waffles - usual price $6++ (Aug promo $4.90++)

I may not specially revisit them, but I would stop by and give the ice creams another shot. Just looking at their selection of flavors makes me drool! There's bound to be a really nice flavor that I'll love.


To anyone who chanced upon this post, looking for The Factory because of some ice cream guide recommendations, I hate to break the news to you but there isn't any "Factory" left. If you check The Factory's Facebook page back to March 2014, you'll see that their last day of operations was on 13 March 2014, Thursday. Somehow, their website is still there with "22 Lim Tua Tow Road" as the address. Even Google Maps shows "The Factory" at that address. So don't fret when you can't find the place. The Sunday Market's still there to welcome you. ~(^-^~)


The screenshot's purely for your benefit. haha.



goodbye and welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment