Saturday 18 January 2014

Poulèt, Amazing French Roast Chicken.


Weekday lunch at Poulèt (Vivocity). It was a wonderful treat for three, and I had read so many rave reviews about their food. That was probably why I was really excited to finally be dining at poulèt (my expectations were sky high too). Before I even stepped into the restaurant, I already knew what I had to order.

I'm like Super Mario, I'd jump / chase down my mushrooms. Pardon the bad analogy, it was the only one I could think of.. haha. Simply put, I love mushrooms. That includes mushroom soup. (^◇^)っ♨

& Poulèt offers something like that - Country Side Mushroom Soup. The croutons were good (hard to go wrong with that now..) but the soup was runny with a strong cream aftertaste. It's not terrible, yet not quite what I had expected (after all the rave reviews). (╯︵╰,)
Just look at how the soup barely clings to the side of the bowl. *sigh*

Country Side Mushroom Soup - $5.80++

We had the French Onion Soup as well, but it didn't call out to me either. It was better than the Mushroom Soup's cream aftertaste though if that means anything. *shrug*

Salad de Paris however, was absolutely delightful. The portion might look small, but it's perfect with a main dish. There's a good amount of black olives and dried cranberries in there too! I would totally skip the soups and head straight for their Salad de Paris next time.

French Onion Soup - $5.80++
Salad de Paris - $ 9.80++
Chopped Garden Salad, Dried Cranberry, Tomato, Avocado, Black Olive and Roasted Pine Nut served with French Dressing

And here comes the dish I was eyeing all along, the Sautè Wild Mushroom. It comes with a poached egg seated among the wonderfully sautèed mushrooms. It's amazing, and if you like garlic, it'll be perfect. I'm not a fan of garlic, if I can avoid, I will avoid it. Yet, my love for mushrooms and the sweet aroma of this dish was too much to resist. The mushrooms were flavorful but there was always a strong garlic aftertaste. I'll try asking for less garlic next time.

Sautè Wild Mushroom - $7.80++

Not forgetting the well raved main dish of Poulèt, I believe their motto is "Amazing French Roast Chicken". And I also believe that roast chicken, be it half or whole, is actually hot or at least a little warm.

Poulèt ala Orange $17.80++ (Half) / $30.80++ (Whole)

We shared half a poulèt roti of Poulèt ala Orange (a new variation) and there wasn't a hint of warmth in the dish. Even the gravy itself was cold. The chicken was tender and nicely roasted, but there was nothing special about Poulèt ala Orange. It was pretty much half a roasted chicken set upon a plate of gravy. ヽ(  ̄д ̄)ノ

Poulèt ala Orange $17.80++ (Half)

My friend had the Braise de Poulèt. I didn't get to taste it, but my friend said it was somewhat like Chinese herb chicken with a very weak taste. The taste was neither here nor there, and that it looked like dish that can be made at home.

Braise de Poulèt - $13.80++

We skipped the much raved about tiramisu dessert because our tummies were filled. As it was a treat, I didn't get to see how much the bill came up to. But I'm guessing it was about $72.60, which is not too bad for 3 pax.

I'll be visiting Poulèt again, because I want a certain vegetarian to try their Salad de Paris. And maybe he'll be able to recreate it for himself back in AUS. *grins* I'll most certainly avoid their soups though.



round and round the rotisserie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment